Bark in the Park Fetches Great Fun with The Sedalia Kennel Club [INTERVIEW]
A lot of great stuff seems to be going on with our Sedalia Parks Department, and this weekend, they’re working with the Sedalia Kennel Club. Their creative minds always seem to find something new and fun to do, not just for the kids, but for the whole family! That’s truly evidenced by this weekend’s event for Bark in the Park!
Bring your non aggressive dog to the Bark in the Park this Saturday (Sept. 28) at Liberty Park, 1500 W 3rd St, Sedalia. Take part in this year’s Bark in the Park/ Responsible Dog Ownership Day! This year’s event will showcase and benefit the Sedalia Animal Shelter and Animal F.A.I.R. There will be an adoption event and you can ask training experts about any issue you may be having with your puppy or dog. You can not only make a new doggie friend, but you can bring your own furry friend to have some fun with the whole family.
Some of the other events include:
- Demonstrations of Agility (12:30)
- Obedience (11:30)
- AKC Rally®, Military Working Dogs (3 p.m.)
- K9 Nosework® (1p.m.) Dogs on Deployment: Support your troops by boarding their pets!
- Pet Parade and Costume Contest: 10:15a.m.
- Pet Tricks 10:30a.m.
- Pet Photography: Have your best friend photographed in the rose garden.
- Rabies Clinic: Vaccinate your pooch for $5: 2 – 4p.m.
- Seminars:Flea/Heartworm (11a.m.)
- Canine Hospice Care (12p.m.)
- Adoption Adaption – how to successfully bring a new dog into the household (1:30)
- Canine Dental Care (2p.m.)
- Importance of Puppy/Dog Socialization (2:30 p.m.)
- Take your dog through the 10-step AKC Canine Good Citizen test for $10! This special certification shows that your dog is a well-mannered member of the community – 12:00 p.m.
There will be great food provided by Country Kitchen and grooming demos to get tips on proper coat care. You can meet the 2013 Military Pet of the Year as well as a microchip clinic to ensure a safe return of your dog for $25: 2:00 – 4:00 p.m. Bring your kids to the Children’s Area! They can take part in face painting, make homemade dog toys, and take part in the pet parade and costume events with their best friends!
Michelle Sarabia with the Sedalia Kennel Club came by to tell us about that event and about what else they’ve got planned this fall.
If you need more information on any events or upcoming programs, you can stop by the office at 1500 W. 3rd Street (they’re open 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.), visit their
website or call them at 660-826-4930.