Boil Water Advisory for Elm Hills Subdivision
Beginning Tuesday, August 7, 2018, due to water main repairs, (MO DNR MO-3048155) Elm Hills Subdivision near Sedalia, MO, will be on a boil water advisory. When water pressure is low, conditions exist which could allow contamination to enter the distribution system or household plumbing. When large areas of a system are involved the probability that contamination has occurred is high.
We expect repairs to be completed by Friday, August 10. The boil water advisory will remain in effect for the duration of the repair work and until water sample results indicate that no contamination is present.
We will make every effort to keep you informed. We are posting signs in the subdivision, updating our website, emailing customers, and notifying KCTV5 and KSIS Radio. Please notify your neighbors and anyone who may be at risk.
GENERAL BOIL WATER INFORMATION
Anyone served by the affected water system should observe the following precautions:
- Boil water vigorously for three minutes prior to use for cooking or drinking.
- Disinfect food contact surfaces (dishes) by immersing them for at least one minute in clean tap water that contains one teaspoon of unscented household bleach per gallon of water.
- Dispose of ice cubes and remake with water that has been boiled
- Continue boiling all water that is to be used for cooking or drinking until the Boil Water Advisory has been lifted.
- Water used for bathing does not need to be boiled.
- LET WATER COOL SUFFICIENTLY BEFORE DRINKING (approximately 110 degrees F)
News release from Elm Hills Utility Operating Company, Inc.