Busch Stadium’s Newest Food Options
Celebrating its tenth anniversary, Busch Stadium will soon be opening for business and my heart can’t take it!
No, seriously. I just saw the new additions to the Busch Stadium menu this year and I think my arteries thickened ever so slightly.
Gone are the days of ballpark fare consisting of hot dogs, peanuts, and Cracker Jacks (do people even eat Cracker Jacks anymore?). While neither current Busch nor old Busch (Busch Lite, if you will) have been pioneers in the stadium junk food delicacy genre, it’s hard to say they’re not trying.
This year, Redbird fans will have the following new options to choose from:
- The Meatball Cone: A cone of Italian bread containing four meatballs, marinara sauce, mozzarella, and parmesan cheese.
- Chicharron: Loaded nachos covered in BBQ pork with pork rinds in place of tortilla chips. Pork on top of pork--a fitting alternative to anyone who feels that classic nachos are just too healthy.
- Dinger’s Donuts: Mini-doughnuts fresh out of the fryer served with your choice of sweet toppings (offered in quantities of 14 or 50...because go big or go home).
- Pre-Game Buffet: Okay, not technically a menu item, but still new. This year, fans can pay a little extra for an all-you-can-eat (and drink) buffet two and a half hours prior to first pitch.
- 8th Street Market Grab and Go: Want to grab something quick and get back to the game? There is now a quick convenient store-style stop to pick up pre-packaged items and a few healthier options (if that’s your thing).