Care Connection to Sponsor Money Management Seminar for Women
Care Connection for Aging Services is launching a new money management informational seminar for women in five Missouri counties, including Pettis.
The free seminar, titled “Money Management: What Every Woman Should Know,” will be presented in November and December in Pettis, Marshall, Johnson, Lafayette, and Henry counties.
A press release from Care Connection says, the sessions will be repeated monthly in each of those counties through June 2018.
The 90-minute seminar is targeted to women, but open to all, so spouses, adult children, or potential caregivers may attend.
Care Connection says, the easy-to-understand material will include women’s retirement challenges, income needs and sources, savings and investments, credit card debt, long-term care insurance, financial planning professionals and a financial to-do list.
Rona McNally, Director of Special Projects for Care Connection, said the goal is to address concerns that surfaced during a needs assessment of seniors in the area.
In the study, many seniors reported concerns about having enough income to meet basic needs such as food, medical care, housing and utilities.
Because men have traditionally taken care of finances, senior women are often especially vulnerable, McNally said.
“That’s why we are addressing these sessions to women and the people who care about them,” McNally said. “Senior women often know little about their finances and yet are often left to navigate them without help. We want to equip women with the resources to learn what they need to know. Participants will leave the session with free, objective information and resources.”
The agency will not sell or recommend any products or services.
The schedule for November and December is as follows:
· Sedalia Senior Center, 312 S. Washington, 5:30 p.m. Nov. 15 and Dec. 20
· Marshall Senior Center, 14 E. Morgan, 1 p.m. Nov. 9 and Dec. 14.
· Warrensburg Senior Center, 445 E. Gay St., 2 p.m. Nov. 17.
· Holden Senior Center, 204 W. Second St., 2 p.m. Dec. 15.
· Odessa Senior Center, 217 S. Second, 9:30 a.m. Nov. 30.
· Margaret Gray Center, 811 C S. Business Highway 13, Lexington, 9:30 a.m. Dec. 14.
· Clinton Senior Center, 970 E. Sedalia, Clinton, 4 p.m. Nov. 21.
· Windsor Senior Center, 201 S. Main, 10 a.m. Dec. 19.
For more information, call 1-800-748-7826.