Jingle On The Green
- State Fair Community College
- State Fair Community College, Sedalia, MO United States
State Fair Community College invites the community to its sixth annual “Jingle on the Green” from 6-8 p.m. Dec. 5 on the Sedalia campus.
The free community holiday celebration will feature thousands of luminarias, holiday music and desserts. The public is invited to stroll the campus, view the lights and visit holiday-themed stations with festively decorated trees.
Parking will be available in all lots on campus.
The stations and music schedule includes:
• 6 p.m., Parkhurst Student Commons, “Holiday Traditions”—SFCC President Dr. Joanna Anderson will give a brief holiday welcome. There will be a Sedalia Blue Ribbon Vision certificate presentation. Performances will include the SFCC Jazz Choir at 6:15 p.m., the SFCC Jazz Runners at 7 p.m. and the Smith-Cotton Jazz Band at 7:30 p.m.
Santa and Ginger the Elf will also be in the Parkhurst Commons from 6:30-8 p.m.
• Daum Museum of Contemporary Art foyer, “Chocolate Delight”—6:30-8 p.m., free art-making for children
• Hopkins Student Center lobby, “Frosted Whimsy”—Danny Brymer will play guitar at 7:30 p.m.
• Yeater Learning Center lobby, “Peppermint Twist”—Performances will include the Clinton High School Choir at 6:30 p.m., the Cole Camp High School Choir at 7 p.m. and the SFCC Chamber Choir at 7:30 p.m.
• Sylvia L. Thompson Atrium in the Heckart Science and Allied Health Center, “Sleigh Ride”—Performances will include the California Sixth-Grade Choir at 6:30 p.m., the Marshall High School Choraliers at 7 p.m. and the Boonville High School Choir at 7:30 p.m.
• Gerken Solarium in the Heckart Center, “Merry ’N Bright”—Performances will include the Lincoln Seventh-Grade Choir at 6:45 p.m. and the Sweet Adelines chorus at 7:15 p.m.
Volunteers helping with the event include the Sedalia Retired and Senior Volunteer Program and the SFCC Ag Club, Ambassadors, Nursing Club, Radiology Club, Roadrunners and Lady Roadrunners, Student Government Association, and Spirit Squad.
The SFCC Foundation sponsors Jingle on the Green. For more information about this and other arts events at SFCC, go to www.sfccmo.edu/thearts.