July 4, 201211:30 AMInvalid DateInvalid Date

Additional Information

This is an annual fundraiser to preserve the historic house built in 1858.There are 17 rooms of original furnishings. Built as a girls seminary, it served as the Union headquarters throughout the Civil War. General John Fremont is believed to have used it in October 1861 when he stayed in the town. Several members of the Maclay family served in the military during the Civil War and various artifacts from that time are on display as is Native American beadwork, some from camp of Sitting Bull.   There will be a food stand serving pulled pork sandwiches as well as homemade cakes and ice cream. A Country Store will have baked goods, garden produce, and souvenirs. Musical entertainment will be alternated with patriotic readings. Craft vendors will be on grounds.