How to Register to Vote in Pettis County
With the 2012 election on the horizon, it's important to make sure that you have registered to vote in your area. We've compiled this information from Missouri Secretary of State Robin Carnahan's website to help Missouri residents register to vote in the upcoming election.
- You must be 18 years of age by Election Day
- You must be a US citizen
- You must be Missouri resident
You are not entitled to vote if:
- You are confined under a sentence of imprisonment
- You are on probation or parole after the conviction of a felony
- After conviction of a felony or misdemeanor connected with voting or the right of suffrage
Missourians can register to vote by:
- Filling out this Missouri Voter Registration Application
- Registering at the election clerk's office for Pettis county: 415 S. Ohio, Ste 214, Sedalia, MO 65301; Phone: (660) 826-5000, X 401; Fax: (660) 829-0717
- Registering at any Missouri Department of Motor Vehicles office, or any state agency providing a service to the public such as WIC, Social Services, etc.
Registered Missourians who will not be able to go to their polling place on Election Day may vote absentee beginning six weeks prior to an election. Absentee voters must provide one of the following reasons for voting absentee:
- Absence on Election Day from the jurisdiction of the election authority in which such voter is registered to vote;
- Incapacity or confinement due to illness or physical disability, including a person who is primarily responsible for the physical care of a person who is incapacitated or confined due to illness or disability;
- Religious belief or practice;
- Employment as an election authority, as a member of an election authority, or by an election authority at a location other than such voter's polling place;
- Incarceration, provided all qualifications for voting are retained.
The request for an absentee ballot form can be found here. It must be mailed to the appropriate election authority. For Pettis county, send absentee ballot request forms to the election clerk's office: 415 S. Ohio, Ste 214, Sedalia, MO 65301; Phone: (660) 826-5000, X 401; Fax: (660) 829-0717.