Vote for the 2013 Sedalia Person of the Year [POLL]
This is the final vote for the 2013 Sedalia Person of the Year award. Based off of TIME Magazine’s Person of the Year issue, this award should go to the person or group that has had the most influence on the Sedalia area in the year 2013, for better or for worse. We took your nominations, and here are the finalists.
- Clean Air Sedalia – The driving force behind the controversial Smoking Ban in Sedalia.
- Dale Malone – Owner/operator of local business Dukes & Boots. Was very involved with the Pettis County Community Santa bicycle drive for underprivileged children, and fundraisers for the family of Chad Stover.
- Harry Hoffert - Host of Huntin’ and Fishin’ with Harry. Local business owner and hunting enthusiast who is heavily involved in the Wounded Warriors and MO Kids Outdoors organizations.
- Kevin Walker. Photographer/community activist. Covers almost every event in the area and shares his photos, stories, and opinions with the community online.
- Larry Stevenson. City Councilman known for his unique actions at City Council meetings.
- Sedalia STING Unit. Local police task force responsible for several large drug busts this year.
- Tuffy Gessling. The rodeo clown in the middle of the Obama mask incident at the Missouri State Fair.
So who gets your vote for the Sedalia Person of the Year? Remember, it’s not necessarily the “Nice Guy Award”, it’s who you think had the biggest impact on the year for Sedalia. You can vote once every day. Cast your vote in our poll below!
UPDATE: Voting is now closed! Here are the results: