Wings Over Whiteman June 10-11
Wings Over Whiteman 2017 is scheduled for June 10 and 11. This family-oriented event is expected to draw thousands of spectators from all over the region.
Spectators may enter through the North/Knob Noster/Arnold Gate or the South/LeMay Gate starting at 9 a.m. The main Spirit Gate will only be available to individuals with current military identification cards. The event is free of charge for all spectators.
The first act will begin at approximately 11 a.m. The air acts for this year’s air show include the Air Combat Command F-16 Demo Team, U.S. Army Golden Knights, B-2 flyover, KC Flight, A-10 Demo, Shetterly Squadron, Texas Raiders, MIG-17, P-40, Tora 101, KC Flight, A-26B Lady Liberty, Kent Pietsch comedy and Younkin Airshow (BE-18) and more.
There will also be many static displays such as the B-29 “DOC”, F-15 E, B-2, B-1, B-52, C-17, C-21, T-6, T-1, T-38 and more.
Prohibited items on installation:
– Knives (Regardless of blade length), multi-tools, box cutters, razors
– Firearms, stun-guns, mace and/or OC spray, ammunition, weapons such as clubs, black jacks, brass knuckles
Prohibited items in the airshow spectator area:
– Back packs, gym bags, Camelbacks or similar hydration pack
– Coolers, glass bottles, alcoholic beverages.
– Non-prescription medication, illicit/illegal drugs and or paraphernalia (Marijuana, meth, etc.)
– Walkie-talkies, HAM radios, scanners, GPS units
– Bicycles, skateboards, roller blades/skates, scooters
– Pets. EXCEPTION: Service dogs permitted
Permitted items on installation/spectator area:
– Folding chairs
– Strollers or pull along wagons
– Purse, fanny packs, (medium or small in size)
– Medical, diaper, camera bag, (medium or small in size)
– Clear beverages in clear, see through plastic containers
– Camera, camcorders, camera phones
There will be shuttles for transportation from the parking areas. Designated parking for handicapped will be available.
For more details on the event please visit our Wings Over Whiteman Facebook page and www.whiteman.af.mil, which is updated with information on the performing acts as well as answers to many frequently asked questions about the air show.
Press release from Whiteman Air Force Base