How About Some Trout Fishing In Sedalia!
Due to a very special cooperative agreement with the Missouri Department of Conservation (MDC), Liberty Park pond is stocked with trout to create an urban winter trout fishery. Each year, 1200+ rainbow trout are stocked during the first week in November.
Trout fishing has special regulations which are enforced by the MDC. Be aware of the following:
Through January 31:
- All trout must be released unharmed.
- Only flies, artificail lures, and unscented soft plastic baits may be used for ALL species.
From February 1 to October 31:
- Natural and scented baits may also be used
- Trout permit is required for persons of any age to possess (keep) trout.
- The daily trout limit is 4 fish per day.
This area is owned and maintained by Sedalia Parks & Rec Department, Sedalia, MO. For more information please contact Sedalia Parks & Rec at 660-826-4930.
For more information on the Winter Trout Program, please contact the Sedalia Missouri Department of Conservaton Office at (660) 530-5500.