Mules Football Will Happen at Walton Stadium This Fall
The University of Central Missouri Mules will be playing football at Walton Stadium this November. The Mules are playing a two game exhibition this fall with one game scheduled for Warrensburg on Saturday November 14.
The Mules will play Washburn at Walton Stadium on November 14 with a kick off scheduled for 3:00PM CST. On Saturday November 21 the Mules will travel to Northwest Missouri State for a 3:00PM CST contest.
Coach Jim Svoboda told the UCM Athletics website:
We are excited about the opportunity to get back on the field against two of the best programs in MIAA the past 20 years, Northwest Missouri and Washburn. While there will be a few modifications from a normal game, it will be chance for the kids to compete and a preview of some very talented players that love the game.
Here's what you need to know about UCM's exhibition at Walton Stadium:
- Fans will be allowed in the stadium, but only 3,000 tickets will be made available as the school is capping attendance at 25% capacity.
- Tickets will be free. More details about how to get tickets will be announced on the UCM Athletics website.
- Everyone attending the game must wear a face covering and observe physical distancing.
- If you can't make the game it will be streamed on the MIAA Network for free viewing. The Mules road game will also be streamed.
- The games will not count towards coaching or school records as the teams playing have agreed to play starters the first half and reserves play the remainder of the game.
UCM Athletics says Mules players and their opponents will be tested weekly per NCAA protocols and the University of Central Missouri also has a daily COVID-19 screening protocol.