No Injuries Reported in Downtown Sedalia Gas Leak
At approximately 10:36 Wednesday morning, Sedalia Fire crews were dispatched to 200 South Osage on a reported gas main that had been struck by boring crews.
Crews arrived at 10:42 to find a large portion of Osage Avenue in front of City Hall had lifted up due to gas pressure, with gas venting from the struck line.
Fire crews quickly secured access to the area and evacuated city hall except for essential services. City Hall was then closed to public access.
Liberty utilities worked quickly to secure the gas main and stop the leak. By 11:36, the scene was declared safe for people to re-enter City Hall and fire crews were allowed to clear the scene.
South Osage Avenue in front of city hall will remain closed until Liberty Gas Utilities can make repairs to the main and fix the street.
In all, 10 fire personnel responded to the call. There were no reported injuries to fire personnel or civilians in the area, according to Sedalia Fire Chief Matthew Irwin.