Patrick Mahomes Named Finalist For Award
Is there anything that Patrick Mahomes can't do?
Since he entered the Kansas City Chiefs starting lineup in his second season, he has been nothing short of spectacular. Taking his team to back to back Super Bowls. He got us a ring. He has won an MVP award. In 2018 he threw for over 5000 yards and got 50 passing touchdowns. He could head us to another Super Bowl this year.
He has been named as a finalist for the Bert Bell Award. He won this award in 2018. The other finalists for this award:
- Aaron Donald – Defensive Tackle – Los Angeles Rams
- Aaron Rodgers – Quarterback – Green Bay Packers
- Trevon Diggs – Cornerback – Dallas Cowboys
- Patrick Mahomes – Quarterback – Kansas City Chiefs
- Trent Williams – Offensive Tackle – San Francisco 49ers
- Myles Garrett – Defensive End – Cleveland Browns
- Cooper Kupp – Wide Receiver – Los Angeles Rams
- Justin Herbert – Quarterback – Los Angeles Chargers
- Jonathan Taylor – Running Back – Indianapolis Colts
Aaron Rodgers was this award last year and he has a good chance to win it again this year. The award’s namesake founded the Maxwell Football Club in 1937 and the award for the best NFL player has been given since 1959. Bell served as commissioner of the NFL from 1946 to 1959, the year he died. The Maxwell Football Club also awards the Maxwell Award to the best offensive college player and the Bednarik Award to the best defensive college player.
We are all rooting for Patrick to take this award, but I think Rodgers will win it again. But if Patrick gets us to a Super Bowl, and beats Aaron Rodgers if the Packers get there, I think we can live with that. Don't you?