Christmas Shipping Deadlines
The United States Postal Service (USPS), UPS and Fed-Ex has the recommended send-by dates for expected delivery before December 25.
USPS Christmas shipping deadlines (within the U.S.):
- Dec. 20 (Thu) – Deadline for First Class Mail and Priority Mail shipments. Includes greeting cards
- Dec. 22 (Sat) – Deadline for Priority Express Mail shipments
The Shipping deadline for UPS (within the U.S.) is as follows:
- Dec. 20 (Thu) – Deadline for UPS 2nd Day Air shipments (delivery on Dec. 24)
- Dec. 21 (Fri) – Deadline for UPS Next Day Air shipments (delivery on Dec. 24). Packages scheduled for Dec. 22 must be processed and labeled for Saturday Delivery, which is not available to all ZIP codes.
- Dec. 24 (Mon) – Pickup service available only for Air shipments if prearranged by Dec. 20 (Thu)
For Fed Ex, the here's the shipping deadline (within the U.S.):
- Dec. 19 (Wed) – Deadline for FedEx Express Saver shipments
- Dec. 20 (Thu) – Deadline for FedEx 2Day and FedEx 2Day A.M. shipments
- Dec. 21 (Fri) – Deadline for FedEx Standard Overnight, FedEx Priority Overnight, and FedEx First Overnight
- Dec. 24 (Mon) – Deadline for FedEx Express and select FedEx Ground (depends on location) shipments
- Dec. 25 (Tue) – Deadline for all FedEx SameDay shipments (additional Holiday fee is applied)