It’s Time To Get Those Gross Bugs Off The Car
Every day I see 'em. SPLAT.It's even worse on Husbando's car, because he drives to Jefferson City to see friends every week or so. He's got a huge like, dragonfly thing in his grill right now. Just tons and tons of bug guts all over the place! So I decided to do a little research and find some ways to get the dang things off, seeing as washing the car doesn't always shift the remains.
- Baby Oil – This one is more preventative. You rub some on the problem areas like the front of your hood, and the bugs wipe off easier.
- Johnson’s Baby Shampoo - All ya gotta do is mix some with some warm water, and BAMMO. Bug Over.
- Cooking Spray – I guess since it helps keep your chicken off the pan, it can keep the bugs off your car, too.
- Baking Soda - Doesn't baking soda do everything? It already sits in my fridge and my cabinets and my litter boxes. So versatile.
- Dish Soap - I imagine it's something similar to a degreaser. Bugs are greasy? Kinda.
- Dryer Sheets – I see people on the internet doing this all the time. You just have to rinse your car a bit, and then wipe the sheet.
- Mr. Clean Magic Eraser – Husbando swears by these. He'll use them for everything and anything, though.
Now we just have to get the motivation to actually DO IT. I know, I keep telling myself, "I'll take care of it soon...." but, I keep putting it off. I never seem to choose the right time to go to the car wash. Seems like every time I do, it rains maybe like, that day or the day after. So then you're back to square one. Maybe a little more bugless than before, but there you are.
What about you? What do you do to get the bugs off your car after a little drive? Share your thoughts in the comments!