SFCC to Offer Enrichment, Professional Courses
State Fair Community College’s The LearningForce will offer the following continuing education classes that start between March 21 and March 31.
• Advanced Country/Western Dance will meet from 7-9 p.m. on Tuesdays for seven weeks beginning March 21 at 3200 S. Limit Ave. (next to Domino’s). The beginning Western Dance class or consent of the instructor is a prerequisite. This course is for those who are familiar with the basic steps and turns. Dances taught include the Two-Step, Waltz, Night Club Two-Step, West Coast Swing, and couples side-by-side dances. Students may attend alone or with a partner. Smooth-soled shoes are recommended. Cost is $49 per person; instructors are Mary Donnell-Brown and Travis Goosen.
• Paranormal Investigations will meet from 7-9 p.m. on Tuesdays for five weeks beginning March 21 in Fielding Technical Center, Room 253. Background information, history and investigative techniques on ghost hunting and UFO investigating will be presented. Guest speakers from Sedalia Ghost Hunters and Paranormal Investigations and Missouri Mutual UFO Network will share their expertise and experiences. There will be a ghost hunt near the end of the class. Cost is $59; instructor is Britt Faaborg.
• Mesh Ribbon Wreath Making will meet from 6-9 p.m. March 22 in Fielding Technical Center, Room 253. Participants will learn to make big, splashy, professional-looking deco mesh wreaths and will leave class with a spring wreath and the skills to make more for every occasion. Supply lists are available at enrollment. Cost is $19; instructor is Brenda Bryan.
• Lotions, Potions and More will meet from 6-9 p.m. March 23 in Fielding Technical Center, Room 253. This “make it and take it” class begins with the how and why to French mill soap and how to make lotions, scrubs, shampoos, hair rinses, and more. Recipes to make every day cleaning products are included. Cost is $49; instructor is DeAnna Amos of Misty Woods Products.
• Advanced Country Line Dance will meet from 7-9 p.m. on Thursdays for seven weeks beginning March 23 at 3200 S. Limit Ave. This course builds on the basics taught in Beginning Country Line Dance and features dances such as BC, Miss Incredible, Blurred Lines, Next to Me, and other current dances. Prerequisite for this class is completion of the beginner class or consent of the instructor. Cost is $59; instructor is Mary Donnell-Brown.
• Advanced Beekeeping will meet from 6-7:50 p.m. Thursdays for eight weeks beginning March 23 in the Potter-Ewing Agriculture Building, Room 400. The course will help participants become hobbyist beekeepers and includes information on obtaining bees and setting up and managing several beehives. Cost is $79; instructor is Bruce R. Bird.
• Motorcycle Basic Rider Course will meet March 31-April 2 on the Sedalia campus. The class meets from 6-10 p.m. Friday and from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Saturday and Sunday. The course is geared toward beginning or re-entry riders and has a list of requirements. Cost is $199; instructors are certified by the Motorcycle Safety Foundation and the Missouri Motorcycle Safety Program.