10 Tips for Filling Out a Bracket If You Know Absolutely Nothing About College Basketball
It is time for one of the most exciting weekends in all of sports! The NCAA tournament is here, which means everyone is filling out brackets. If you don't know anything about college basketball, you can have a decent bracket just by following these simple tips.
- Never Pick a No.16 Seed - A no.16 seed has never beat a no.1 seed, and its not going to start happening this year!
- Have At Least One No.1 Seed In The Final Four - At least one no.1 seed has been in the Final Four nine of the last 11 years.
- Do Not Put All Four No. 1 Seeds In The Final Four - It has only happened once, it will not happen this year.
- Pick Upsets Early - For several years now, a double digit seed has made it too the sweet 16. Most years a no. 10,11, and/or 12 seed makes the Sweet 16.
- Pick Favorites Going Into the Final Four - Yes, a lot of upsets happen going into the Sweet 16, but most them start to lose at this point.
- Have Exactly two No.1 and No.2 Seeds Out Of The Sweet Sixteen - I received this crazy statistic from bleacherreport.com: in 10 of the past 13 tournaments, exactly two of the eight No. 1 and No. 2 seeds failed to reach the Sweet 16.
- Pick A School You've Never Heard Of - I can not remember a year where one of these school no one has ever herd of makes it past the first round or two. Last year it was Florida Gulf Coast. A few years back, Missouri lost to one of these teams. But I do not like to talk about it.
- Watch Some SportsCenter - Take an hour and just watch some ESPN, all week they will have college basketball professionals on. These people have these jobs for reason. So if you do not know anything just pick what they say.
- Hit Random Select - No one really knows how this whole thing will shake out. It is a lot like picking lotto numbers. You can do all the research in and odd playing in the world but anything can happen. With that said, you can't win if you do not play. So hit random and enjoy the weekend.
- Do Not Pick Kansas - I am cynical Mizzou fan who is jealous of the success the Kansas program has had. There, I said it. So I try to convince people not to pick them. It is true they have a great coach and talent. This Kansas team is currently without their star center and the team plays terrible defense. Enough reason for me, DO NOT PICK KANSAS. No, Kansas fans, we will not talk about Missouri basketball this year until we address your football program.
There they are, my 10 tips for picking a bracket even if you know absolutely nothing about basketball. If you want to know more, check out these dos and don'ts. Now go fill out a bracket with us for a chance to win a million bucks.