Liberty Center Association for the Arts Announces 2013-2014 Season, Presents STAR Award at at Midsummer Night Soiree
The Liberty Center Association for the Arts put on their first Midsummer Night Soiree at the Sedalia Country Club and debuted the new outdoor patio. About 100 people attended the event, which featured hors d’oeuvres, art, body art, pictures by the paper moon, poetry and more.
During the evening, the Liberty Center Association for the Arts announced the 2013-2014 Season.
- The Great American Trailer Park Musical, Directed by Fred Norman, October 17-20 and 24-27, 2013
- Sedalia Christmas, Directed by Becky Imhauser, December 5, 6, and 7, 2013
- 9 to 5 The Musical, Directed by Ben Jackson, March 6-9 and 13-16, 2014
- Daddy’s Dying, Who’s Got The Will, Directed by Ashley Cook, May 2-4 and 9-11, 2014
In addition to the announcement of the upcoming season, the STAR Award was presented for Sedalia’s Top Art Recipient, this was the first time this award had been given since 2006. Maren Schenewark was surprised as the winner and was grateful for the acknowledgment. Schenewark has been and is involved in promoting the arts in the Sedalia area. Schenewark was noted as very dedicated to the visual arts and some of her achievements include:
- Co-chair of Fine Arts for the Cole Camp Fair
- Superintendent Fine Arts at Mo. State Fair
- Member: Sedalia Visual Arts, Mid-Missouri Artists of Warrensburg, Columbia Art League, National Oil & Acrylic Painters Society
- Member of the Make a Difference Campaign which was the group who realized the dream of opening the Daum Museum of Contemporary Art
- Encourages others artists especially beginners
- Paintings are in collections from coast to coast.
- Extensive travels have helped in development of her loose impressionistic style which she says helps her to capture “the Godscape.”
A good time was had by all involved in the first Midsummer Night Soiree