Approval Made to Increase Capacity at Busch Stadium
The City of St. Louis and the Health Department has allowed the Cards to increase capacity at Busch Stadium beginning Friday, May 21.
It will look even more different as you travel to watch games in St. Louis as seating pods will now be spaced a minimum of three feet apart in all directions, allowing Busch Stadium capacity to roughly double. This means additional tickets to the May 21-23 series against the Chicago Cubs will be available and are on sale now. If you're looking for a later date after the kids get out school, ticket on-sale dates for June games will be determined and announced at a later time.
Plus there's something else going on with the Cardinals as the City of St. Louis is hosting a vaccination event inside the Cardinals Club at Busch Stadium on Wednesday, May 12 (9AM-4PM), Thursday, May 13 (9AM-4PM), and Friday, May 14 (9AM-1PM).
The following policies and protocols that have been in place since the start of the season will remain to ensure the health and safety of fans, employees, and players in 2021, including:
- Socially-distanced seating: Guests will be seated in pods of four or less with a minimum distance of three feet between seating pods in all directions.
- Masks required: Masks are required at all times in all areas of the stadium, including the seating bowl, unless guests are actively eating and drinking.
- Cashless transactions: Concession stands, kiosks and other retail transactions made in the stadium are cashless and only offer credit and debit payment options. Debit cards are available for purchase using cash with no service fees at a limited number of locations inside the stadium.
- Bags not permitted: To reduce contamination and ensure touchless entry, bags are not permitted to be brought in to Busch Stadium, except for medical bags, diaper bags with a child or clutches/wristlets not exceeding 6" x 8". All exceptions must enter via the designated Inspection Lane at each gate.
- Designated entry gates: Guests will be directed to enter and exit the stadium through one of six designated entry gates to expedite the process and limit crowding at any one entrance. A designated entry gate will be noted on each ticket. Guests are not permitted to exit and re-enter the stadium.