BBQ Contest at the 2016 Cabin Fever Sports Show
The Jones Bros. Marine Cabin Fever BBQ Contest is returning Saturday, February 13 at the Missouri State Fairgrounds Mathewson Exhibition Center.
Here is a timeline and list of categories you will be judged on.
- Open Registration 8:00am
- Start Cooking 9:00am
- Chicken Thighs 3:00pm
- Pork Ribs 3:30pm
- Brisket 4:00pm
- Appetizer of Your Choice 4:30pm
The Appetizer will be a people's choice award. It is also important to know that times may vary based on participation. Contestants will be notified of any time changes the morning of the event.
Here are a list of all the rules:
- Entry fee is $50 before you start cooking
- All proceeds will benefit BIKERS AGAINST CHILD ABUSE® or B.A.C.A.® in the Sedalia area.
- Trophies will be awarded to first thru third in the meat categories
- A first place trophy will be awarded to People's Choice/Appetizer winner
- BBQ sauce is allowed
- Containers will be provided
- Electricity will be provided (bring your own extension cords)
- Judges will score on appearance, taste, and tenderness
- We will have eight judges
- We will need four servings per container
- Grill may be electric assisted
- NO GAS GRILLS AND NO LIGHTER FLUID
- All meat will be inspected before you cook
- No pre work or prep for the food before the contest
For more information, contact Derrick Gill at 660-826-1050 or email Derrick.Gill@Townsquaremedia.com.