It was a hot day at the Missouri State Fair on Saturday and well if I'm honest, I've been a little bit of a hot mess recently.

So I wasn't really surprised when I got home Saturday night and couldn't find my Kansas City Royals hat. I hoped it would pop up somewhere, and I didn't hold out much hope.

It wasn't the first baseball cap I lost. I left my West Side Baseball little league cap at a  Stuckey's on Interstate 80 in Iowa while on vacation with my parents as a kid. And don't get me started on this really cool Coca-Cola cap I bought during my honeymoon in Vegas at Coca-Cola World, only to leave it at the pool at New York New York never to see it again.

I got over losing the Coca-Cola cap, the little league baseball hat was a little more frustrating to lose. Especially because that year, the league bought us hats with mesh backs that were the same color as the front of the cap. Usually, it was just a white mesh back.

I digress. As we wrapped up our broadcast on Saturday I decided I wanted to change my T-shirt and put on some fresh body spray. I mean, it was one of the hottest days I ever experienced at the Fair. The kind of day where even just sitting at a table and talking into a mic left you hot, sweaty, and a little stinky.

For a little privacy, I decided to hop over behind our pick-up truck, opened my backpack, and took out a fresh T-shirt and my body spray. Peeled the smelly shirt off me. Squirted a little bit of body spray on me, not too much, I mean I'm not a sixteen-year-old anymore who hasn't yet learned the concept of less is more. Put my new shirt on and wandered over to where Lori and I were going to meet Mike and Amanda.

Guess what I forgot to do? I forgot to toss the body spray into my backpack, and I forgot to put my hat back on.

I hadn't been wearing the hat for most of the day, it was just too hot and I felt cooler with it off. Before I knew it, Amanda and Mike popped up, and the four of us hit the Moose stand for some beer and Twisted Tea, then headed over to the wine tent while stopping at a food stand or two to graze a little bit on the way. All while my Royals hat and body spray sat on the back of our truck.

When Behka and Mike showed up Monday afternoon for their Fair broadcast, guess what they found on the back of the truck? My Royals cap and body spray. Between concertgoers, curious fairgoers, and some of those storms we experienced on Sunday my hat and body spray didn't move an inch.

That's right, anyone who saw my hat and body spray just left it on the truck. Even more amazingly, the storms didn't disturb it either. In fact, Mike suggested that maybe leaving the cap out in the rain might have washed it up a little bit. He could be right.

I just find it amazing no one took the stuff, or that it just didn't get knocked over and blown around by the storm, only to be picked up by the Fair's grounds crew in a gutter sometime Sunday or Monday. I get people might not want a well-worn, sweat-stained Royals cap. Yet, body spray. That stuff ain't cheap.

If you saw the cap and body spray on the Kix truck and wondered what the heck it was doing there, that's the story. And thanks for leaving it alone, too. That body spray is one of my favorites.

Cementland: Murdered Artist's Vision Lives On, But For How Long?

Cementland, an incomplete public art exhibit that was the brainchild of St. Louis sculptor Bob Cassilly, still stands unfinished near St. Louis. Cassilly was found dead on the site in 2011, after a bulldozer he was driving flipped down a hill. An independent investigation undertaken by some of Cassilly's family found he had been beaten to death, however, the St. Louis Medical Examiner stood by the ruling of accidental death. The Cassilly family had hoped to continue Bob's work on Cementland but sold it in 2022 for $785,000.

WARNING: Under no circumstances should you enter this property. By doing so you risk bodily harm and/or prosecution for trespassing on private property.

Ghosts of the Once Great Lewis & Clark Tower

WARNING: Under no circumstances should you enter this property. By doing so you risk bodily harm and/or prosecution for trespassing on private property.

Built in 1963, opened in 1964, and a landmark by the late 1960s, The Louis & Clark Tower north of St. Louis was a destination for those looking for a swanky meal in the building's 10th-floor Top of the Tower Restaurant. Couples on date night could also check out a movie, or go bowling, in the attached retail section of the building. By the end, condominium values in the building had plummeted, much of the retail space was being used by social services, and some units in the building didn't have water. The elevators didn't work either. By 2014 authorities stepped in and condemned the building, forcing the few who still called the tower home out of the building.

In 2020 Tom V shot some video of the now abandoned building including the Top of the Tower Restaurant and some of the apartments. You can watch the video here.

More From AM 1050 KSIS