Some Morning Habits That Are Good For You
Getting up in the morning isn't always easy.
I have worked morning radio in two stints in my radio career. I am used to it now, and I have made adjustments in my life to make sure I get a good night sleep and can function in the morning so I do not yawn on the air when you are all listening to me..
Truthfully, I just need a hot shower, and at least 7 solid hours of rest and I am good to go. I realize that many of you need a cup of coffee (or two or three), or need a few hours before your are fully engaged in your day.
Since I plan on being here for a while, and doing mornings, I have tried to do little things to make mornings a little easier. I am getting older and I do have some medical concerns that I need to address, so these little tips that I shared this morning I wanted to pass along to you in case you missed that portion of the show.
1. Drink a glass of water. It is very important to hydrate. We tend to become dehydrated when we sleep. You can almost never drink too much water.
2. Make you bed. My parents made me do that as a kid, and sometimes it is as simple as removing a comforter and putting it back. Apparently, if you get in this habit, it will allow you to focus more throughout the day. Couldn't hurt to try it right?
3. Get some sun. Funny, my mother tell me this often. Mothers seem to know best. A little sunshine, studies have shown, is very good for us. Now I am usually up before the sun rises, but I allow some more in my place and it is nice.
4. Write down something you are grateful for. Seems silly, but starting your day by being thankful will put you in a better mood, especially if you can do it for two straight weeks.
5. Get some exercise. Even if it is simple stretching for 5 good minutes, it will do the trick.
Hope these tips help out, and thank you for waking up with me.