Do Women Expect Men to Act Like Gentlemen? [POLL]
I was raised to treat a woman a certain way. Always hold the door open, go get the car if the weather is in-climate and the "ladies first" rule is steadfast. It seems my ways are a bit antiquated.
In a new survey, men have acted like jerks for so long that women don't even expect us to be gentlemen any more. Moreover, if a guy tries to be polite and respectful, a woman is probably going to be suspicious and think he has ulterior motives.
More findings from the survey:
- Four in five women say they would rather pay for their own meal on a first date.
- Half of women are okay with paying the entire dinner bill on the first date.
- Nine out of ten women would refuse a man's help if he offered to help her carry bags or something else heavy.
- Four out of five wouldn't accept a man's coat on a cold day.
- Eleven out of twelve women say that if a man offered his seat to her, she wouldn't accept it.
The last one made me think of something that happened to me recently. I was in a place that had limited seating. I had a chair and a woman was standing next to me. I, of course, offered her my seat. She refused. That made me uncomfortable for the rest of the event. Is chivalry completely dead?