Fire Destroys Home on Sedalia’s North Side
Just after 10:00 Tuesday morning (April 16), the Sedalia Fire Department and the Sedalia Police responded to a house fire at the corner of Pettis and Lamine on Sedalia’s north side.
According to Battalion Chief David Lilly, the fire was caused by an electric heater on the first floor. The house was fully engulfed with heavy smoke and fire when crews arrived. The home was reportedly occupied with seven people living in the home. Lilly said two of the occupants were at home at the time of the fire with one of them trapped on the second floor. The trapped man crawled out of an upstairs window onto the front porch and jumped to the ground.
There were no injuries, and at the time of the interview units of the fire department were standing by for the arrival of equipment that would tear the structure down because it was deemed unsafe.