Pieces of Advice (Good and Bad) We Got Growing Up
When you're a kid, grownups are always giving you advice. And sometimes it's good advice. But a LOT of times it's not.So I asked you guys on our Facebook page about the best pieces of personal advice you've ever been given.
Julie L -Always look people in their eyes... you really can learn alot about who is in front of you.
Solid advice. They do say the eyes are the window to the soul, right?
Kyle S - Don't sweat the petty stuff and don't pet the sweaty stuff.
That one made me laugh. And yeah, I don't wanna touch no sweaty...whatever it is.
Dana M - Don't eat at a place named "Eat's".
This must have come from a very personal, very specific place. One day I wanna hear that story.
James P- For you carpenters or machinists: "Measure twice, cut once."
I'm no carpenter, but I've heard that before. After all, you gotta be careful with expensive materials, right? Anyways, it got me to thinking about some stuff I heard over the years from family and grown ups. Remember some of these?
1. "If you just tell the truth, I won't get mad."
2. "Cheaters never win."
3. "When someone bullies you, it's just because they're jealous."
4. "The real world isn't like school. People grow up."
5. "Just be yourself and everyone will love you."
6. "If you're nice to people, they'll be nice back."
7. "These are the best years of your life."
8. "You need to go to college to succeed."
9. "You need to learn math because you won't always have a calculator handy."
10. "You're unique and special and deserve everything in the world."
And look where that advice got me. Sitting in my office surrounded by K-Pop merch and feet that hurt. I guess it could have been worse? What's some of the best advice you've ever gotten - or maybe some bad advice?