Winners in the ‘Vacation Missouri’ Photo Contest Announced
Lieutenant Governor Mike Parson has announced the winners for the inaugural Vacation Missouri Photo Contest.
The contest promotes Missouri tourism and the many wonders of the state, both natural and man-made. This year, 118 entries were received from people across the United States who live and/or vacation in Missouri.
“Our office was overwhelmed with the positive response to the photo contest,” Parson said.
“Missouri welcomes over 41 million visitors every year, and as an advocate for Missouri tourism, my office is committed to raising awareness for our state’s many destinations for tourism and vacations. I look forward to meeting the winners in person and congratulating them,” Lt. Gov. Parson said.
The winners will be recognized during a ceremony at the Missouri State Capitol in November. Winning photographs are posted on the Office of the Lieutenant Governor of Missouri Facebook page.
Award winners, their hometown, and photo title, are as follows:
· 1st – Daniel Marquez, Hazelwood, “Turning STL Upside Down”
· 2nd – Teresa Goebel, O’Fallon, “Springtime at the Park”
· 3rd – Anthony Wessler, Sullivan, “Bright Saturday Morning”
· Honorable Mention – Woodrina Berg, Clinton (Utah), “Meramac Springs, a New Beginning”
· Honorable Mention – Mary Hoerig, Union, “Kayaking the Huzzah”
· 1st – Angela Legens, Seymour, “Morning Catch amidst the Fog”
· 2nd – Janice Myers, Joplin, “Sunny Day at Wommack Mill”
· 3rd – Jamie Tumbrink, Ballwin, “Beauty in the Simple Things: Katy Trail”
· Honorable Mention – W. Allin Sorenson, Springfield, “Morning at Grand Falls”
· Honorable Mention – Ludwig Yamin, Kansas City, “Liberty Memorial under Dark”
· 1st – Hal Moran, St. Charles, “Silent”
· 2nd – Mike Langille, Hermann, “AMTRAK visits Hermann Farm”
· 3rd – Michael Edwards, Sedalia, “Milky Way Rises over Katy Trail” (shown above)
· Honorable Mention – Buddy Woods, St. Charles, “Female Northern Flicker With a Click”
· Honorable Mention – Ryan Archer, Brentwood, “Castlewood Hikers”