10 Things Successful People Do Before Breakfast
According to a recent study, successful people all do the same kinds of things before breakfast, including waking up early, exercising, working on top-priority projects, spending time with family, meditating and checking email. Is it telling that I don't do do ANY of these things? I don't know. Read on, brave soul!
According to the experts out there, you can apparently get more done than growl into a cup of coffee before breakfast. Who knew! They say your willpower is strongest in the morning, when your mind and body are fresh. And according to a recent study, successful people all try to do the same 10 things before breakfast. Not every item, every day, but you'll get the idea. Here's the list.
- Wake up early. It's the only way to get a head start and get time to yourself.
- Exercise, before it gets squeezed out by the rest of the day's activities (HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAA.... oh, wait. They're serious. I guess people really do that.)Work on an important business project.
- Work on a personal passion project. If you wait until after work, you'll rarely have the energy to do something creative, even if it means a lot to you.
- Spend time with family. Um, everyone in my household is asleep at the time I get up. I could spend time with them while they sleep, I guess?
- Network over coffee.
- Meditate. REALLY? I would fall back asleep!
- Write down things to be thankful for. Now I kinda feel like a jerk for being cranky.
- Plan and strategize.
- Check email.
- Read the news.
I guess this list and my reaction to it explain a lot about how much of a lazy slacker I am. What about you? Do you find yourself doing any of these things first thing in the morning? Would you start doing them, now that you've heard about them? Let me know in our comments!