Smith-Cotton Fall Sports Begin Practice Tomorrow
One of my favorite parts of late summer as a teen was when football practice would start. No, I wasn't a football player. I was a team trainer/manager. There was something special about stepping out on the grass field. Sun beating down. The heat felt good. The smell of freshly mowed grass. The promise of a new season. The promise of success. That promise of a new season begins tomorrow for all associated with Smith-Cotton High School's fall sports teams.
Here is tomorrow's practice schedule for the fall sports teams. Luckily most of the teams practice is early so they'll beat the high heat index that's being predicted for tomorrow:
- Softball, 7AM CDT Centennial Park. Tryouts August 12-14, with cuts being made August 13.
- Volleyball, 6:30AM CDT Smith-Cotton Gym
- Football, 7:00AM CDT Tiger Stadium
- Girls Tennis, 7:30AM CDT Liberty Park Tennis Courts
- Cross Country, 8:00AM or 6:00PM CDT Katy Park (soccer side)
- Boys Soccer, 9:15AM CDT Tiger Stadium
- Boys Swimming, 8:00AM CDT Sedalia Middle School pool
- Girls Golf, 4:00PM CDT, Sedalia Country Club
More details can be found on the Sedalia School District 200 Facebook page.
Student athletes must have a completed physical form on file before they will be able to practice. Good luck to all Smith-Cotton athletes, coaches and teams. Make Sedalia proud!