Pettis County Deputies Make Two Arrests After Series of Thefts
On January 9th, 2015 a joint investigation by the Sedalia Police Department and the Pettis County Sheriff's Office resulted in the arrest of two Sedalia residents suspected in several recent major crimes in the community.
Arrested were Joseph M. Pruitt (24 years of age) and Devon E. Stout, (17 years of age). Both are currently being held in the Pettis County Jail, pending the filing of charges on the following recent incidents:
- Armed robbery of a local hotel
- Numerous thefts and burglaries in the Smithton area
- Theft from a local plumbing business
- Theft of numerous motor vehicles and trailers
- 2 separate vehicle pursuits with the Sedalia Police Department and Pettis County Sheriff's Office
- Possession of controlled substance
- Receiving stolen property
The joint investigation also resulted in the recovery of a large amount of stolen property, including a vehicle that was reported stolen out of the Kansas City area.
At this time the investigation is still considered active and ongoing.
Update: January 12, 2015: Sedalia Police have applied for charges for tampering in the 1st degree with a motor vehicle, carless driving, burglary, theft and resisting arrest to Joseph Pruitt.
Devon Stout will face charges of robbery in the 1st degree, stealing, unlawful use of a weapon and armed criminal action. Stout was also found to have a felony warrant for receiving stolen property, with bond set at $15,000 bond for that charge alone.