Sedalia Police crime reports 10-12-18

Sedalia Police arrested four young women accused of shoplifting at WalMart, 3201 W. Broadway, on Thursday night. According to a report, the four attempted to leave the store with a cart of unpaid merchandise. The four women were cooperative, the report stated. Arrested were: Jasmine G. Williams, Aniyah S. Harris, Sahara M. Bamba and Ene Adams, all 18 and living at the same address in Sedalia. All were issued a summons for stealing and released.

Ingram Publishing/ThinkStock

On Thursday morning, Sedalia Police investigated an incident at 411 E. Third where someone entered a rental property, plugged in an extension cord and ran it to their house. The suspect used the owner of the rental property's electricity Sept. 28 – 30 until it was discovered. According to a report, the suspect made a deal with the owner to remain plugged in for another three days, but went for four. KCP&L told the owner that it was dangerous to do that and it could cause a fire. On Sunday, Oct. 7, the owner told the suspect he was unplugging the cord. But on Tuesday, Oct. 9, the cord was once again plugged in. The owner now wants to pursue charges.

On Thursday morning, Bryant Motors, 2901 S. Limit, reported finding a bicycle on their property on the upper lot. The bike was placed into evidence.

Sedalia Police arrested 43-year-old Geoffrey A. Waddle of Sedalia after conducting a trafic stop for expired tags around 3:40 p.m. Wednesday. A computer check revealed that Waddle was driving while revoked. He was taken into custody and transported to the Pettis County Jail, where he was booked and released.

On Thursday at 1:45 p.m., Sedalia Police responded to a disturbance between a male and female at 3100 Brianna (Stone Creek Apartments). According to a report, the male left the area prior to officers' arrival. A knock on the apartment door yielded no results, so the apartment manager was called to open the door. The female was located inside. She admitted to a physical altercation and was unhurt, but refused to say more. The male returned to the scene 30 minutes later. Police made contact with him and he admitted there was a verbal altercation, but refused to say more. The female was in the process of moving out and the male left the area again. No arrests were made.

On Wednesday at 4:40 p.m., a woman reported that her 2005 Ford Taurus was stolen from 1601 S. Osage between Monday and Tuesday. According to the report, the vehicle was unlocked and the keys inside at the time of the theft.

More From AM 1050 KSIS