On Thursday, Sheriff Brad Anders published a facebook post concerning an incident that happened on Monday morning:

“At approximately 5 a.m., the Pettis County K9 unit attempted a traffic stop on a red Dodge truck in the area of Broadway and Arlington.

Upon activation of emergency equipment, the driver, later identified as Devon E. Stout, fled in the vehicle at a high rate of speed while throwing items from the truck.

As the vehicle approached 12th and US 50, a female passenger jumped from the moving vehicle and was subsequently run over by the rear wheels of the vehicle from which she had emerged. Medical personnel was immediately summoned to that area as the deputy continued to pursue.

The pursuit continued east on US 50 with no traffic on the roadway when Stout turned north onto O Hwy. Near Griessen Rd, another female jumped from the moving vehicle and, again, was struck by the rear tires of the vehicle from which she emerged. A secondary pursuit deputy remained on scene with this female, summoning PCAD, as the K9 unit continued pursuit.

A short distance later, Stout exited the roadway into a field and ultimately came to a stop. K9 Cav was deployed on a long leash as it was unclear whether or not Stout had fled from the vehicle. A short time later, Stout was taken into custody without incident as he was still in the truck.

Stout was found to be in possession of a used syringe and approximately two grams of methamphetamine that he had secreted inside his body.

The two females were transported to Bothwell Regional Health Center for treatment.

Charges of Operating a Motor Vehicle without a Valid Driver’s License, Possession of a Controlled Substance, Felony Resisting Arrest, and 3rd Degree Kidnapping were requested through Prosecutor Phillip Sawyer’s office.

A warrant was issued later in the day by Judge Mittelhauser for Resisting Arrest, Possession of a Controlled Substance, and Kidnapping. Bond was set at $15,000.00.
Stout bonded on the warrant on the same day before a Probation and Parole warrant could be issued.

However, a no-bond warrant was later issued for Stout for a Parole Violation but not before he allegedly stole a relative’s vehicle and fled to the KC Metro area. He was arrested once again on April 14 by Raytown Police.

“Good work by our team, Joint Communications, Sedalia PD, and PCAD,” Sheriff Anders said.

More From AM 1050 KSIS