Here’s Where You Can Get a Flu Shot
Don't look now, but along with Halloween, Thanksgiving, and colder weather it's also the start of flu season. Johnson County Community Health says flu viruses and the virus that causes COVID-19 will both likely be spreading this winter and that everyone should get a flu shot.
According to Johnson County Community Health Services:
Flu vaccines have been shown to reduce the risk of flu illness, hospitalization, and death. Getting a flu vaccine can also save healthcare resources for the care of patients with COVID-19.
It's healthcare resources that have medical professionals concerned this winter, and one of the reasons health care professionals are urging everyone to get the flu vaccine and get one sooner rather than later.
Johnson County Community Health Services is holding walk in flu clinic for seniors ages 65 and above daily between 8:00AM - 10:00AM CDT from September 14 through December 31. They bill most insurance plans and even Medicare.
Most of us can contact our primary care physician to see about getting a flu shot, but if you don't have one, or are just looking for a quick easy-in and easy-out experience these pharmacies / businesses are offering flu shots:
- Walgreens. You can schedule an appointment or just walk in. There is a vaccine consent form you need to fill out. Click the link to find out more. No cost for people with most insurance plans.
- CVS Pharmacy. You can schedule an appointment online. You'll also need to register on-line. No co-pay for most insurance plans including Medicare.
- Walmart. You can schedule an appointment online. No cost for people with most insurance plans. Affordable prices for those who are self-paying.
- Woods Supermarket. You can print and fill out their information form and bring it with you to save time.
- AFC Urgent Care. Walk in flu shots are available.
You can find other places to get a flu shot by using vaccinefinder.org. According to this website Pettis County Health Center, Katy Trail Community Health, and Johnson County Community Health Services have the flu vaccine as well. Aside from JoCo Community Health Services senior flu clinic, I didn't see any posted information about flu shot clinics at this time. If you're interested in having them administer your flu vaccine, you should call and see when or if they're offering that service.